“We strive to develop all our people to succeed and become the best they can be. We work hard to enable them to express themselves through their project work, invest in them as individuals and encourage a strong team ethic.”
Creating an environment which encourages openness, honesty, integrity & hard work
We encourage an open and honest working environment which we believe works to get the best out of every individual. Trust in our people we believe provides the climate for openly expressing ideas and opinions which in turn allows us all to grow as a team.
By working at Opensoft Systems you will become part of a true team, not only within the company but in the dealings and interactions you will have with our customers. The projects we deliver are solutions in the true sense of the word, this demands such a team approach which we are sure you will find both personally rewarding and enjoyable to be part of. We offer a competitive salary, structured training program with financial support together with a company bonus scheme.
We provide opportunities for graduates across a range of disciplines from Marketing to IT and Control Systems Engineering. We provide a structure graduate program for our short term placements to Post Graduate Students. Our wide range of industries and mix of projects offer an extremely interesting working environment for both Marketing, or Systems Professionals starting their career.
5 Reasons to Work for Us
- Become part of a team which nurtures and invests in talented professionals
- Work with projects which provide real variety in their scope and technical interest
- Gain a structured development plan which allows you to see where you are working towards
- Gain real world hands on site experience with world leading manufacturing organisations
- Benefit from working closely with experienced personnel and learn from their expertise and guidance
Up front project functional design specification documentation may be required together with site reports and system design architectures. Our clients use SCADA software combined with various PLC’s, therefore a good understanding in PLC’s and general automation software in a plant environment is key.
We have exciting opportunities available for both placement and full time graduate engineers to join our dynamic Systems Engineering team based in Yorkshire. You must be enthusiastic, hardworking and keen to learn.
They shall assist with the configuration of SCADA, Database and PLC control systems working with one of our Senior Application Engineers. They shall be working with industry leading innovative technology built upon Opensofts AVS virtual platform software. Full guidance and training will be provided although initiative is key.
There will be the opportunity to develop systems for our projects in our engineering office in Knaresborough and assist with the commissioning of these systems at our clients sites, throughout the United Kingdom.
They will be working across a range of industries with some of the world’s market leading blue chip companies. We have an excellent reputation for working in an open and collaborative way with all our clients, providing innovative and scalable solutions.
- Assistance in the development of SCADA application
- To develop and help plan / test communications interfaces
- Develop documentation
- PLC testing and site based assistance in troubleshooting
- Project implementation & commissioning assistance
- Help implement systems and networking tasks
Desired Skills & Experience
To pro-actively develop business opportunities into the manufacturing market place within the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The successful candidate will be speaking with prospective clients to develop and introduce Opensofts products and services to develop relationships and win new business for the company; this will cover software sales, training to support contracts and project sales.
Using the companies’ sales database, the position will involve the qualification of organisations currently using existing software automation products to control, visualise and store data to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency. The successful candidate will develop their own call brief and gain interest from the prospect to both qualify business for further follow up together in closing direct business. It is key to the success of the role in the person having a proven track record in opening up business opportunities through professional presentation of their products and services and successfully managing their sales pipeline through a ‘solution sales’ philosophy.
The role will also include more general sales co-ordination tasks including liaising with existing clients to organise engineering visits to site, co-ordinating training courses, processing purchase orders and providing direct sales support to the sales director.
Occasional travel maybe required with overnight stays to attend exhibitions, visits to existing sites with prospective clients and sales presentations on customers sites.
Strong career prospects exist for a successful dedicated professional with progression to a field sales role.
- Pre-qualification of marketing leads.
- Lead generation through pro-active telemarketing.
- Responsibility for a sales target.
- Co-ordination of Training Course delivery.
- General sales support and assistance.
- Preparation of sales proposals.
- Management and the development of existing clients.
Desired Skills & ExperienceThe person should be hardworking, conscientious and self-motivated with the ability to work on their own clearly focused on their objectives, to be results driven is key. The ideal candidate must be driven to develop new potential business and close sales where the opportunity allows.
To be a clear communicator he/she will need to be able to deal with people at all levels from plant engineers to group managers and senior management / director level. In addition, the person must possess good listening skills.
The successful person will have a previous background in a technical sales environment, ideally selling within our target market.
Personal attributes required:
- Highly motivated – Sales objectives dictating hours worked, not vice versa.
- Good telephone manner – Enthusiastic, clear and concise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Able to quickly establish a rapport.
- Tenacity – A desire to see an objective through to its successful conclusion.
- A good team player – Ability to liaise effectively with work colleagues.
- Ambition – A wish to use your abilities to progress your career.
We are always looking for talented people!
We run a yearly graduate program across all areas of our business, if you would like the opportunity to work in a progressive organisation delivering end to end manufacturing solutions to leading blue chip organisations with real world practical experience please get in touch with us.