Our client is the second-largest UK based waste management company and provides household collection, landfill, recycling and special waste services to local authorities as well as industrial and commercial customers in the UK. Opensoft Systems have been engaged with this client since April 2017 for Plant Automation Solutions and Support Services for the Anaerobic Digestion Process Plant.
- Government-Driven Regulatory Compliance (BSI PAS110)
- Process and Plant Automation Infrastructure Improvements.
- Optimise Operational Expenditure.
- Increase reliability & stability of the control system infrastructure consisting of PCS7 and Cimplicity SCADA application
- Increase the Plant Automation system uptime
- Reduced the sites Operating Cost through best practices & benchmarking
- Minimise the plants downtime
- Performance improvement
- A scarcity of skilled competency / resources
SCOPE OF ENGAGEMENT
Plant automation solutions, consultancy and systems integration, including enhancements to the existing control system infrastructure based on Siemens PCS7 and GE Cimplicity SCADA. This included:
- Modifications to the original system for the installation of two additional new strain press machines within the dewatering plant in order to strain out plastic from the digestate into the screw feeds. Solids are removed via the decanters and strain press screws. The liquid is then returned to a holding tank and reused within the wider process.
- An independent control system infrastructure Audit and Consultancy.
- Profibus DP/PA Network Improvements & Optimisation.
- PCS7 adapted maintenance training for the plant operational team.
Siemens S7 400 PCS7 Redundant System with Remote IO level redundancy S7300 - ET200
Profibus DP/PA and Ethernet Network
Siemens HMI Panels
GE 90-70 Versamax PLC
Rockwell Micrologix PLCs
VALUE PROPOSITION & FEEDBACK
Value Proposition and Client Feedback
- Consultancy based solution and approach to achieve the project drivers and end objectives.
- Understanding of the domain, data criticality and quality.
- Proven track record in supporting large-scale implementations under tight schedules.
- Ability to integrate services at any stage of the client’s lifecycle.
- Ability to develop customized solutions (retrofitting of Legacy infrastructure, predictive diagnostics, real-time KPI dashboards & reports.) to address the business needs using cutting-edge technologies.
Site Electrical Engineering Manager Commented:
‘I am pleased with how this project has progressed.
From start to finish the objectives were well defined and the documentation supporting our project has been first class.
A number of long-standing communications issues on our network caused some problems along the way, however, these were handled expertly as encountered by the Opensoft team and the project brought to a successful conclusion.
Thank you to all involved with this project’